Tuesday, July 24, 2007

What was I THINKING?


So, you may have noticed that this is my THIRD posting today. Well, lemme tell ya. I've been packing boxes ALL DAY (when not blogging). This has been my only escape. You would think that being an Army Brat this wouldn't phase me. Ha! I think I've packed atleast forty boxes today and I've only covered the kitchen, dining room, living room and family room. I still have the basement, storage room, all the bedrooms, washroom and garage to go. BUT. I can't complain because I'm the one who insisted we move! I keep telling myself that once we're in the new (old) house it will all be great and I'll be so thrilled with all my new projects. So far, three gin and tonics have not convinced me. This is the easy part! The actual moving of the boxes comes in two weeks. We're having a local moving company move all the furniture and large pieces but we're doing all the boxes. WHY, WHY, WHY did I think this was a good idea? I spent more money on clothes last month than it would have cost to have them do this. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. It's a good thing Dr. Daddy is overnight tonight at the hospital so he can't rub it in. Not that he would. He's so damned nice he'd just sit and sympathize with me even though he hates the fact that we're moving! On a positive note (no, I'm not ALL gloom and doom) I've been listening to logging machines for the past five days because they're developing the mountain behind our house. You can't see it because we have plenty of land and trees behind us but you can damned sure hear it! This has further convinced Dr. Daddy that maybe it really is a good idea that we got the Hell outta here.
Okay. I'm done venting. Back to packing...

2 comments:

Head Hen said...

WHERE did this DARLING "we've moved" card come from???!! I absolutely must know.

Thank you.

Also, my friend who owns Mockingbird Monograms is basically GIVING away Oka-B shoes today via my blog if you would like to take a glance.

Just Kiddin' Photography said...

OMG! These are adorable. Thanks so much! If only a had a dime to spend after this move!
The invite is from Sarah LeClere and I think this one is available at finestationery.com