Monday, July 16, 2007

Designer's Challenge

So, moving to a new house is tons of fun because I get to decorate everything all over again. (don't tell Dr. Daddy I'm excited...I think I have him convinced that it's just such a "chore, yawn" for me) In our new (old) home I'm going for a totally new look in our bedroom. For the past seven years it's been kind of masculine and dark. I'm going totally feminine this time but I'm stuck on what to do on the walls. I detest white walls but I just don't know what will work in this room. This is where your challenge comes in. Will someone please tell me what color to paint the walls?!?! I've toyed with a really light blue but I think it might be too much blue. I've toyed with a really light yellow, but I just don't know. There are three windows in the room so it's really light. On the windows I will be doing floor length panels with either a valance or a cornice in this fabric from Thibaut.



The rug is a custom cut from Schumacher that we fell in love with. We're kind of designing the room around it.



Our bed is a Baker Furniture Rice bed that has sort of a British West Indies feel to it. I'm going to do all white here; white matelasse coverlet and shams and big, fluffy white bedskirt.



Would everyone please put on your thinking caps and let me know what I should do???

Tomorrow....the dining room.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

I would suggest a very pale yellow. Try "You Are My Sunshine" by Benjamin Moore. I have this color in my foyer and family room. It is soft and stays the same yellow all day...yellows can be hard to choose! Good luck!

Steph said...

I would go with a really pale yellow also! I love that fabric! You'll definately have to post pictures when it's all done!

Anesthesiamama said...

I am partial to green. Especially that particular green in the fabric. And particularly in bedrooms as it seems so peaceful. We miss S and R!!

Preppy Napkin said...

I don't think you can go wrong with either pale green or pale yellow. It will be beautiful! What a refreshing change.

Anonymous said...

You have to go with blue walls to transition to the carpet. Try Artic Blue Martha Stewart. I painted my nursery this color not knowing the sex of my baby and it is like Heaven. So relaxing...perfect for both sexes.

The Peak of Chic said...

Wow- tough call! I love blue bedrooms, but I don't know if that will make the room too blue (with the carpet and the fabric having blue in them). Have you thought about choosing a white paint that has a tinge of blue in it? Sometimes those shades really end up looking blue rather than white, but it's not too blue. Love your choice of fabric and carpet! Good job!