Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Divine Design

Today's design challenge is a fun one for me. I love dining rooms. Don't know why...we don't really use ours all that much. Maybe it's just because I love to eat. Hmmmm... Here's a pic of our current dining room.



And here's a close up of the chandelier, which we are taking with us.



Now here's a pic of our new dining room.



It's a good sized room...pretty much the same size we have now. Below the chair rail we are going to have wainscoting put in and we'll paint that white. I have chosen this Thibaut wallpaper to go above the wainscoting.



I'm usually not a big fan of wallpaper but this one just stuck out. I love the particular shade of green and I'm a sucker for anything with an asian print. The curtain rods that are currently in the room are gorgeous and they are staying. I've decided to go with floor to ceiling pinched pleat panels with a fun trim. My problem is that I can't decide what color panels to have made. I want a silk and probably a solid. I've been thinking about gold but I need opinions. The chairs will be recovered to match whatever curtains I get. Oh, and the leopard print lamp shades will remain on the lamps that sit on the buffet table. There's that animal influence again! Also, we're keeping the seagrass rug for now. I love it. Dr. Daddy hates it. I'm going to have to really love something else in order to reach a compromise. So, any ideas for curtain color?

4 comments:

Preppy Napkin said...

Exciting. You have some fun projects ahead of you!

Michelle said...

I love dining rooms as well! I am trying to make an effort to use it more -- even for just "us". I do like the wall paper and am seeing quite a bit of it coming back into fashion it seems.

The Peak of Chic said...

Isn't decorating fun?? Gold could be nice, but if you want more of a contrast against the green wallpaper (love that btw), how about pink or blue? Mary McDonald did a dining room that had a great green handpainted wallpaper (I think you can find it on House Beautiful?). Wonder what color she used for the curtains?

CG said...

That chandy is gorgeous! I can see why you would take it with you.

What about chocolate brown for your drape color?