Thursday, July 12, 2007

Good Things

In an effort to help ya'll get to know me, I thought I'd throw out a few of my favorite things. I dig finding things that I LOVE and I think it's only fair to share!

Let's start with my new best friend. Well, kind of new. We've been hanging out for about a year now and I must say, I'm lovin' her more and more everyday. Some of you may be snickering in disgust at what a pathetic life I must lead if this is my best girlfriend. Seriously, though. I love this car. Since having kids I've been through a BMW X5 (wasn't big enough), a Toyota Sequoia (WAY too big) and now my Volvo CrossCountry Wagon (juuust right). Mind you, if there are more than two kids in your family this car could be problematic. For us, however, it is the greatest freakin car ever.








Let me introduce you to my little friend....



And my other little friend.


Having worked as a nurse in a Plastic Surgeon's office I learned very quickly that there is nothing wrong with having a little help from our friends. Even if those friends are armed with needles and anesthetics. Obagi is the absolute best skin care product out there. Believe me, I've tried them ALL. I've suffered from acne since I was 13. This is the ONLY thing I've ever used that helps. Some people think it's too irritating on sensitive skin but my skin is ultra sensitive and I've never had a problem. I'm telling you...this combined with a light peel every 6 weeks has completely erased my acne and 90% of the damage done to my skin.

Now, the Botox is an entirely different animal and most certainly one that will require a blog entry of it's own. I've been getting my forehead doused with this miracle serum since I was 29. How bad could my frown lines possibly have been at such a young age? YOU HAVE NO IDEA. I'm all about preventative medicine and if this keeps me looking fresh and happy despite having two toddlers, I'm all over it. Plus, Dr. Daddy can't tell when I'm frowning at him. A bargain at twice the price.




I have to preface this by saying that I really do not enjoy exercising. That being said, I do believe it's a necessary evil. After I had BabyBoy I had about 40 pounds to lose. This program combined with a better (I can't say good because my diet is never good) diet helped me lose all the weight in about three months. The workouts will kick you a** but you really see a difference. They combine weights and cardio so you never get bored (well, no more bored than you would with any other workout) and they are all an hour or less. Plus, you can do them in the privacy of your own home. http://www.firmdirect.com/ Check it out.



Love, love, love Tory Burch Tunics. I've been a huge fan of Tory Burch http://www.toryburch.com/ since she came on the scene a few years ago. Her tunics are feminine, classy and stylish. And, they hide many flaws! They're really versatile. You can wear them with jeans, linen pants, shorts, whatever!


I've always been a fan of capris but I simply love this particular style from Vineyard Vines. http://www.vineyardvines.com/ They are uber comfortable and they wash very well. I also just like the way the wear. They have a slimming effect that makes me sooo happy :)
So, I guess it's not nearly as fabulous as Oprah's list, but then again if I were Oprah I'd have 4 carats in each ear. A girl can dream, anyway!










1 comment:

k e r r y said...

I had a facial recently and the woman tells me I am prematurely aging my skin -- I am all about the botox when the time comes! Seriously!!