Monday, January 21, 2008

Fag Drama

I had a great time this past weekend in Richmond. Went shopping for trim for my bedroom curtains and found something I'm really happy with. My brother was very kind and patient and tagged along with me for hours. I think we went to three or four different fabric stores. We also ate at PF Changs for lunch and had the chicken lettuce wraps, which are one of my favorite things! We convinced my dad to go out to eat with us for dinner at Escobar and it was fantastic as usual. A gin and tonic and half bottle of wine later I was ready to party with my brother's friends! His buddy Ray picked us up and drove us to a party at a friend's house. Apparently this was a party that a guy was throwing for his 60 year old mom's birthday. We walked in and the room was completely filled with middle aged gay men. I felt like the belle of the ball! It's always fun when you're the token straight gal. Everyone I talked to was super nice and we had a great time. I'm pretty sure I had my last glass of wine at the party. It was necessary, given the MALE STRIPPER I was forced to watch. He wasn't even cute as far as I was concerned. Not even with the wine goggles on. He was way too muscular and kind of looked like a bobble head.
After the party we went to a new club called Infuzion. I was told this was a gay bar but I certainly couldn't tell. It was very nice and chic but the DJ wouldn't play any Britney Spears so that was a no go for me.
Needless to say, and as you can tell from my post title, we did have some Fag Drama (NOT my term but I do think it's hilarious). Overall, though, a lot of fun. I managed to get away from the experience with only a minor headache the next AFTERNOON when I woke up at 12 noon. God bless Dr. Daddy for keeping the kids at home for me! I definitely needed the break.
This morning a friend of mine watched the kids so I could get a microdermabrasion. I do a chemical peel every six weeks but hadn't done this before. My face feels as smooth as a baby's butt and it didn't hurt at all. Just felt like someone was sanding my face off, that's all!
I also invested in some mineral makeup which is supposedly better for your skin than the overpriced Chanel I've been wearing.
Hope you all had a great weekend, too!
P.S. Eric...we missed you!

1 comment:

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

I love microdermabrasion. I haven't done it in a long time, but it does leave your skin feeling great.