Sunday, January 20, 2008

The Color Purple

You know I love a fabric challenge, so I absolutely had to brainstorm fabric ideas after reading Impoverished Preppy's post about her daughter's new bedroom. First of all, congratulations on all the hard work you've done IP! I love a girl who's willing to paint.
Here were the fabrics already being used in the room.



I LOVE the combination of the gingham and the toile. I also love that the walls are lavender as well. I think sticking with those two colors would be gorgeous. Maybe adding a few splashes of green to freshen things up would be nice as well. Here are two fabrics I found from The Fabric Finder that I think would work great. The plaid would be nice as a valance, and the polka dot would be gorgeous as a bed skirt. You could also use the polkadot as a valance and have the scalloped edge as the trim. So cute!





I also love this apple green velvet fabric from Ballard Designs. This would be great for pillows or to cover a chair or bench.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the fabric ideas! (Check out my blog - I've posted a virtual thank you gift for everyone who helped me choose!) I love the polka dot fabric! So cute. I actually decided to order the Heather Bailey with the yellow background as I want to bring in a second color and make the room "sunnier" so that it reflects S's personality. I like the look of all lavender and white, but it just doesn't seem like S. If I decide I don't like the HB when it arrives, I will definitely consider that polka dot fabric. Any ideas for adding some more color if I went with all lavender and white fabrics?