Thursday, December 20, 2007

Wrap it up!

So...some of you might have guessed that I'm a little type A. Just a little.
When it comes to gift wrapping I am seriously losing my mind and need to tone it down. According to my husband, that is. The thing is, I have a SYSTEM. Why is it that men don't seem to understand our systems?
I have four different trees, three with presents underneath. I've decided that the best way to do presents is to color code them. BabyBoy's are all under the tree in the sun room. Thus, they are all primary colors with candy canes and Santas. BabyGirl's are all pink, white and silver. This makes it much easier on Christmas morning when they're tearing away at boxes and not paying any attention to whose is whose. Everyone else's presents are under the tree in the living room and are labeled on the back with pretty average tags. (I figure they don't need to be fancy if they aren't going to be seen.) So, here's a sampling of the gifts.








Obviously, this post is after Christmas ( I was having ISSUES with posting the pictures). Just so you know...the system worked perfectly. Even my stepmom managed to roll into town with perfectly coordinating paper. I love that my family "understands" my need for perfection. Actually, I think they just indulge me because they think I'm one antidepressant away from the loony bin and they don't want to have to take care of my kids for me while I'm there.
Hope your Christmas was as Norman Rockwell as ours!

7 comments:

Hillary Jordan said...

Oh my gosh, what a great idea! I actually can't believe I haven't thought of that yet. Thanks for the idea. I'm going to start next year. That way, when I have kids, it'll just be a tradition.
Thanks,
Hillary Jordan
www.russellandhilllaryjordan.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

It all looks beautiful!

so tired said...

We color code too. And since Santa doesn't bring the presents until they go to sleep Christmas Eve and no one else sees the presents for the kids before they get ripped open, we get them some cheesy character Christmas paper that they would think is fun like Frosty or Rudolph. Then for the presents that we give out to other family members we make those nice and pretty.

I want to know if the huge white, brown, pink, etc. bows are hand made? My Mom is really great at wrapping so the standard is pretty high but those look a little bigger than we manage. My Mom does her bows better than I do. (I have years to achieve her level of expertise.) So I would love to know how you made those.

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

I think a system is always needed. I wrap my husbands gifts all in one paper & I wrap my sons all in another paper. I also put the tags on the bottom, not to mess up the front of the packages. I used to coordinate the wrapping to match my tree, but I got tired of trying to find paper to match.

Ned said...

I am with you! We have a large family and I try to wrap each family differently it makes it so much easier.

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

I am wrapping paper obsessive too. I like it all to coordinate and match the tree. Yours looks great. I love the Santa paper under baby boy's tree.

Preppy Napkin said...

WOW! I am impressed. Although, I would not expect anything less.