Friday, December 7, 2007

Sweet Idea



Each year, several of my friends get together and host a cookie and ornament exchange. It's a great time because I get to see so many of my friends and acquantances in one place at one time. I've found an adorable Santa ball adorned with a "fur" trim for the ornament exchange.




In the past, I've always taken my favorite chocolate dipped macaroons to cookie exchanges. This year, however, I've been compelled to do something new. I was watching Martha yesterday while working out on the elliptical machine (note to self: not such a great idea to work out while watching people cook sweet, gooey, delicious treats) and saw a great segment on making homemade marshmallows. But these aren't your garden variety marshmallows. They're dipped in fudge. Oh, yeah. So, it looks like I'll have to try these out for a change.




Click here for the marshmallow recipe and here for the fudge recipe. Let me know what you think!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want the chocolate dipped macaroons recipe. I am going to my first cookie exchange next week and have to make about 13 or 14 dozen and I want something simple but not too daunting...........

Steph said...

That looks yummy! I've never made marshmallows before, I wonder if it's very hard?

Steel Magnolia said...

I'm so making those-they looked so good when Martha was making them...love your blog!

Olivia: (mostly) Happy Homemaker said...

Yummy recipe... can't wait to try! And don't forget to wrap that pretty ornament!

Preppy Napkin said...

Sounds good! Can't wait to try them.

The Mrs. said...

OMG!!!!!!!!! Looks so good!!!! I have to do a cookie and ornament exchange next year! is it just girls? kids too? Hubbys? Let me know how it works.

Kim said...

We don't have a cookie exchange, but one of J2's friends has a huge mother/daughter ornament exchange party and we all bring an appetizer or dessert to share.

It will be fun this year as the girls have all gone off to college for the first time.