Saturday, December 1, 2007

Sew, sew cute!




I know...you're loving my pun this morning. I am, however, so relieved that I've finished one of BabyGirl's windows and only have one more to go. I'm also totally psyched that it turned out exactly as I had hoped. I have a love/hate relationship with welting (the cording around the edges of the fabric) but I finally found a good welting foot for my machine and it seems to be all about love for now.

For all you sewin' bitches (my mom's term) out there, I got the pattern from Pate Meadows. The instructions were extrememly clear and easy to understand. I will definitely order from tehm again. For all you spendin' too much money on window treatment bitches, they also have some nice ready made options for silk panels. Check it out!

13 comments:

Katie Ryan said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the sewing window treatment website. I am constantly sewing something. I love this website. I'm surprised I hadn't found it yet.

linda said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! What a great job...you should be "sew", "sew" PROUD ;)

Heather C. Watson said...

"Sew" gorgeous!!! I can't imagine undertaking a project like that!!! Great job!!

lizziefitz said...

OOOHHH! So magnificant! I love the fabric, the colors and pattern. Fantastic job! Lucky, lucky baby girl. I feel it so important to start young, surrounding the little ones in good taste..Bravo.

Anonymous said...

Darling!! Where did you get that fabulous fabric?

Gabi said...

Wow, i am impressed! I am definitely of the have them made bitches! I just had some treatments made for my living room which I love, but I wish I could make my own. Gotta stay focused though!

Gabi said...

Wow, i am impressed! I am definitely of the have them made bitches! I just had some treatments made for my living room which I love, but I wish I could make my own. Gotta stay focused though!

Far From Perfect said...

OMG.... I love them. New curtains questroom after the holidays. don't know how I stumbled onto your blog,enjoyed it.See you again.

Unknown said...

The window treatment is gorgeous! Great job. Oh man, I really want to learn to sew. I bought a new sewing machine over a year ago and have never even taken it out of the box. Maybe someday.

Paula@SweetPea said...

Beautiful job! I like Pate Meadows, too. Now I'm itching to make something after seeing your nice work.

CG said...

Very cute!!

Kim said...

Those are adorable. I have a friend who does all my window treatments because I can sew but I am definitely not good a measuring!

I am currently paying somebody else waaaaay too much for window treatments in my living room and dining room, but I didn't have to spend a week shopping for fabric, so it's a give and take thing. I'm tired of shopping for fabric lately.

Caffeine Court said...

You are so talented! You might just motivate me to take the old sewing machine out of retirement!