Thursday, December 20, 2007

It's Christmas....All Over!

This will probably be my last Christmas decorating post. Only a few days left and I have lots of cooking to do! Today I'm posting pictures of my sun room, den and foyer. The sun room has become one of our favorite rooms in the house...it's so light and cheerful. The tree in our sun room is our "family tree". Each time we take a family vacation we buy an ornament for our tree. We have lots of beautiful, unique ornaments on this tree that help us remember all of the fun we've had together as a family. We also string real popcorn for this tree and I have lots of red balls to fill in the extra space. The tree topper and skirt were purchased from Pottery Barn Kids after I read Preppy Wedding's post about all the great deals you could get with free shipping.





The sun room does have an odd corner that we're not really sure what to do with. Two owners ago, the sun room was converted from a deck to a fully enclosed room. At the time, the man who lived here insisted that he still have somewhere to grill. So, they added a cabinet with a copper countertop and a built in electric grill complete with downdraft. Then the wife decided that if he was getting a grill then she would put an oven in, thereby giving the house two ovens. Not a bad idea in theory, but we don't use the grill at all and only use the extra oven on holidays. It's been a challenge to decorate but this is what we've come up with.



Of course, we all have one of these...



Our den is a warm, cozy place to watch tv and read. I used the bookcases to display our stockings, including Dr. Daddy's first Christmas stocking. I also used the window in between the two bookcases to display Christmas Cards. We used to hang them on a tree in our old den but that tree was too tall for this house so I had to improvise!











The foyer is your standard foyer. I put some garland on the stairs and I have two oversized velvet and leather stockings that I hang at the top and bottom. These are the first things the kids see on Christmas morning and we'll have some fun little treats in them to get the day started!



The dining room is pretty boring this year! I've been hoping to make some boxwood wreaths to hang in the windows and over the mirror but I just haven't gotten there yet! The centerpiece is miniature poinsettias and ivy and the side table has all the pictures of my kids and Santa from years past. It's getting pretty crowded already! I love to see how much they've changed.





And later...(hopefully today, maybe tomorrow) we'll share a word about gift wrapping. I know you're just on the edge of your seat...

7 comments:

Steel Magnolia said...

you have such a BEAUTIFUL home! It looks so cozy and charming

Sarah M said...

Your house is so pretty. I love all of your trees.

lizziefitz said...

So beautiful! I love the green wallpaper in Dining room. Merry Christmas!

The 5 Bickies said...

Love it...thanks so much for sharing so many fun details. I love the bowl with ivy and mini poinsettias. That is a great centerpiece. I'm on the edge of my seat for more...

Unknown said...

Your house looks fabulous!

Glad you used the discount codes.

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful...

That grill is so random - at least it's copper. We have a sunporch as well that was converted from a covered porch. Ours is currently an unsightly combination of teal carpeting and exposed red brick on the house side. When we moved in, it was also covered with lace drapes. I've taken those down, but that's about it. I would love to see more pictures of your space to get some ideas. We know that we want to take the carpet out and do a tile floor with radiant heating, but that's the only thing we can agree on.

Just Kiddin' Photography said...

I will definitely do a post about the sun room! After the holidays when we don't have anything else to talk about :)