Friday, December 7, 2007

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like...

Mommy went a little Christmas Crazy!!!
This week has been spent decorating the house. It's kind of a big job this year because we're weeding out the stuff we used to use in the other house and trying to figure out what will and won't work in this one.
Major problem number one: we have way fewer electrical outlets in this house. I've called in an electrician but who knows what he'll say. This may be the first year we have no window candles. I just can't stand the mass of extension cords everywhere if we do them as the house stands right now.
I have to admit, I go a little overboard for Christmas. I blame my parents entirely for this. You see, when I was little there was a family in our 'hood that used to have a tree in EVERY room. A live tree in every room. 15 trees. They would open the house for tours almost every night and the money that they collected went to charity. Such a great idea, right? Well, I've always wanted to emulate that idea. I don't want a tree in every room...well, not admittedly anyway. We do, however, have five full sized trees.
Unfortunately, our ceilings are now only 8.5 feet tall and one of our 9 foot trees won't fit. Darn it.
Now we're down to four.
Here's my plan: over the next several days I'll post pictures of one room each day. I'll let you know the story behind each tree and hopefully we'll all get some new ideas in the process!
The first room I'll showcase is BabyGirl's room. This is my second favorite tree in the house. I'm obsessed. It's a beautiful white tree with cashmere tips and iridescent lights. What girl wouldn't love it, right?! Okay, so what if it's more for me than for her. She loves it, too. Insert pout here.



BabyGirl's tree was started when she was 9 months old. I started collecting all sorts of pink and white and girly ornaments and feather boas at after Christmas sales. I also get her some of the keepsake Barbie ornaments each year. I'm hoping that this tradition will be one she passes on to her children and one that keeps the spirit of Christmas in her heart forever. It's so girly, just like her.




Now, if I could just get her to understand that she REALLY can't open all those presents until Christmas morning!!!

8 comments:

Ned said...

Love her tree. If I had a girl I would be all over that! Made your cheese slaw last night, it is for my supper club tonight. I can't stop tasting it! Divine!

Heather C. Watson said...

Soooo beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Such an inspirational post. Your little girl is so very lucky. Kudos to you!

The Mrs. said...

That is so precious! Makes me want a girl this time around!!!

Somewhere Between Pinot and Pacifiers said...

Beautiful, girly tree...just perfect! I bet your little girl loves it. I can't wait to see pics. of the other ones too.

Unknown said...

Ooooh! The white tree is beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest of your Christmas trees. Thanks for sharing pics.

Anonymous said...

That is absoloutly gorgeous, what a great idea!

Snappy Casual Snippets said...

really cute & girlie! I know she loves it.