Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Thanks!


Thanks so much for the tip from "Benjamin Moore Lover". She suggested I use My Perfect Color to match paints. I'll definitely give it a try! If only they matched Farrow & Ball paints...

I played around with the site and did find some of my favorite colors.

This is the pink that WAS in BabyGirl's room: Benjamin Moore Cadillac Pink



And this is the pink that is NOW in BabyGirl's room: Benjamin Moore Frosty Pink



Now that I see them right next to one another, I definitely see the difference!

Here is the color I put on my kitchen ceiling: Benjamin Moore Whispering Spring



The color on the walls is: Pittsburgh Paint Belgian Waffle



This color was in the house when we moved in and I have to say I absolutely love it. It is so light and creamy and the perfect yellow. I have it in my kitchen, powder room and sunroom. It looks really awesome painted on the exposed brick in the sunroom. It looks great with white cabinets, black counters and red and blue accents in a room. The light reflects off of it perfectly during day and evening. In my home, it looks lighter than the swatch.

Last but not least, one of my all time favorites: Tangier Island by Ralph Lauren



Another perfect color. Not too dark, not too light. I have this in BabyBoy's room. It's a great color for a boy's room because you can accent it with pretty much any other color. It looks great with all shades of blue as well as red and green AND yellow. It also looks awesome as a backdrop if you wanted to paint horizontal rugby stripes on a boy's wall.

Hmm...I can see now that this website is going to be addictive.

PS: They also have a really great blog.

5 comments:

preppy little dress AKA "PLD" said...

yes, that site can be addicting! i love painting, my husband and my family think i am crazy -literally! i need change so i paint, my kitchen alone has been 5 colors since owning the house! started white with boring wallpaper - that was removed as soon as we moved in, painted it red, yellow, green, blue and finally ended up with latte from restoration hardware. change is good and it's a cheap way to give a whole new look! have fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for another great link - I really enjoy your blog and have added so many of my "daily reads" from your suggestions!

Susan said...

Oh. my. gosh. I am such a paint fanatic! I re-did the paint in almost every room in my home three years ago. Used the Behr Paint color matching system and drove everyone crazy down at the Home Depot! Isn't "paint picking," and painting itself, so theraputic?

Hopsy said...

I love that first pink!

Jason said...

Hi, My name is Jason and I and the founder of MyPerfectColor.com. I wanted to thank you for giving us fantastic exposure on our website. Thanks so much!

FYI, we can match Farrow and Ball colors, we just don't list them out on our website. If there is a color you want matched, visit this page and enter the information:
http://www.myperfectcolor.com/Enter-Any-Paint-Color-with-Any-Paint-Type-p/anycolor_anytype.htm

(and I also found myself reading your blogs with much interest. We have 3 children ranging in age from 2 through 8. I hope never to be a "hella annoying wallet"!)