Monday, October 27, 2008


So, this probably seems like a no-brainer, but I have to say I'm pretty impressed with myself for thinking of it. See, I've been wanting a zip up fleece for some time now and I've been trying to decide between the Patagonia or the North Face. I wanted to take Aaron's suggestion and get the Patagonia (because according to him EVERYONE had the North Face fleece and I wouldn't want to be too Jappy). Riiiiggghhht. Well, they didn't have the Patagonia in any color I liked. I decided to go with the North Face in all white. Love it. So I'm at Dick's and I'm looking at the $160 something price tag and thinking that's way more than I really want to spend on a fleece. I decided to think on it while I went to the kids' section to buy BabyBoy some underarmour long johns (like THOSE aren't the rip off of the century). While in the kids' section I came upon the North Face fleeces. Hmmmm. Why not try one on for size? The large, which is supposed to be a 14-16, was great across the shoulders and chest (and we're not talking about a small chest here, people), but the sleeves were too short. Do prepubescents really have arms that short? Anyhoo, I tried the XL and it was perfect. A little room in the shoulders, but what the heck? It's only $95!!! Quite proud of myself, I headed off to the check out counter with my $60 some odd dollar savings and high tailed it outta there before feeling the need to buy new tennis garb. Yay for me.

2 comments:

Barefoot in the Park said...

I got a deal like that once on a ski jacket. The largest kids size worked just fine for nearly half the price!

Genuine Lustre said...

I do this all the time, with Ralph Lauren stuff at TJ Maxx, Land's End girls sweaters, Keen shoes - supersavings!