Saturday, July 5, 2008

Inspiration Board Contest

Reading Style Me Pretty's Blog has inspired me to have a contest of my own. I love baby showers. I've hosted quite a few and always have so much fun. It's such a precious time to celebrate. In trying to research themes in the past, I've had little luck online. Martha Stewart used to have her Baby magazine and that was great, but now it's a thing of the past and we're left to our own imaginations. Wouldn't it be fun to put together some baby shower inspiration boards just like the wedding inspiration boards we see on so many of the wedding blogs?

Here's the deal: I've given some samples below of theme inspiration boards. Take my lead and put together a board of your own. You can use your own photos, or find them elsewhere. Try to give me info on where you got the pics so credit can be given where credit is due. I'll accept entries until July 12 and will post my favorites the week after. We'll all vote for our favorite at the end. The winner will receive a $50 gift certificate to the online store of their choice. Please email your entries to sccontest@cox.net. Send them in jpeg form if possible. I'm only somewhat computer savvy and anything else might send me over the edge.

Oh, and people...please no diaper cake pictures. I know they're festive and make a groovy centerpiece...yadda, yadda, yadda, but let's try to think a little more out of the box, okay?

"Mod Mommy"



Cookie, The Knot - Invitation, Whitney English - Flowers, Mountain Flowers by Wendy Crested Butte, CO- Candy, Sarah K. Chen photography- Stroller, Quinny (Poshtots.com)- Wire Form, Julie Enstall Photography- Jeans, apeainthepod.com- Diaper Bag, poshtots.com, lanterns, The Knot.

"Preppy Mommy"



Drinks, The Knot- Pram, Inglesina- Silver Cup, Tiffany & Co.- Napkin, ToBeeNamed.com- Invitation, Sarah LeClere- Bedding, Serena and Lily- Dress, apeainthepod.com

"Sock Monkey Mommy"



Dress, Diane von Furstenberg- Bedding, poshtots.com- Favors, Jo Gartin- Trike, poshtots.com- Invitation, finestationery.com- Stroller, Bugaboo (poshtots.com)- Flowers, A Raisin in the Sun Photography- Napkin, tobeenamed.com.