Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Madness

LOVE Halloween. Especially since we've moved to a neighborhood that is more trick-or-treat friendly for the kids. Last night we had 20 adults and 23 kids over for trick-or-treat pre-game. This was the first time we had entertained more than about 10 or so people since moving in. Boy, you think your house is big until you have that many people over!!! Maybe it was just the number of kids. At any rate, we had pizza and beer and wine and all the kids had a great time. After the party, I convinced Dr. Daddy and his Dad to take the kids trick or treating while I cleaned up. Not too hard to convince him on that one!



The night before, while Dr. Daddy was hiding out at the hospital, I carved pumpkins with the kids. More accurately, I carved the pictures the kids had chosen AFTER they went to bed. Four glasses of wine and several toothpicks later, this is what I ended up with. (the toothpicks were necessary to hold part of the ship together after I sliced it (and almost my finger) off)





I think next year Dr. Daddy and I will sign up for the Chefs vs. Surgeons pumpkin carving contest that is held in our town each year. I think we might have a shot!

1 comment:

The 5 Bickies said...

Wow - those carvings are impressive! We never really get around to carving. It's always more fun and easier (our designs not yours) than we expect.